The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors at Billericay Physiotherapy is essential. In light of the developing situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been closely monitoring updates from both the World Health Organisation and UK Government guidelines and making adaptations accordingly.
We are very much aware of the growing concerns around the virus and the important role that both our team and patients have in keeping our clinics safe, in order for us to continue to treat patients without delays.
How are we ensuring that our practice is safe during the COVID-19 situation?
According to current COVID-19 information and advice, Billericay Physiotherapy are taking the following measures to protect all those visiting the clinic:
- Screening all patients at the point of booking in line with Government guidelines
- Screening all patients, staff and visitors upon arrival into the clinic
- Providing all visitors access to alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entry and exit
- Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning around the building
- Reminding all visitors of the importance of personal hygiene and best practices, such as regular hand washing, which are displayed on posters.
- The Physiotherapists will be wearing PPE throughout your physiotherapy session.
- We will be taking temperatures on arrival and keeping a track and trace record of attendance.
What can you do to help?
By working together, we can eliminate the spread of the virus within the clinic. All patients are encouraged to:
- Kindly not come into the clinic if you have any flu-like symptoms such as a persistent cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, high temperature and/or fever
- Please try and avoid bringing visitors / family members to your appointment, unless necessary, in order to reduce the volume of visitors entering the clinic
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
Visiting Billericay Physiotherapy
We are delighted to announce that the clinic is now open to face 2 face treatments from 1 st June. However, all patients must be triaged to ensure that they meet the criteria for treatment in the clinic in accordance with Public Health England guidelines. For those who don’t, we are also continuing to do virtual appointments’.
We’re reassuring all patients that the correct protocol is in place and that the health and safety of visitors is our main priority. We understand that there is growing concern about the Coronavirus and we’re currently monitoring the situation closely on a daily basis.
We ask anyone who is concerned they have encountered the virus to follow the Government advice and self-isolate immediately. The latest Government advice is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public